Midwest PHP Speaker Information
We're committed to bringing together some of the best speakers from all around the world to share their knowledge with you here. We provide a travel and accommodation package to all selected speakers to help make this possible.
About the event
Speakers will be provided with a projector, a wireless lapel microphone and a screen for their presentation (size depends on the room). Speakers should bring any equipment they need to connect to projectors (HDMI). It is also suggested that you reduce your dependency on the in-house internet connection as possible.
When the Call for Papers closes, the organizers will sort through the submissions, making their selections. Speakers will be notified as soon as the selection process has been completed.
This year's package
Our speaker package for this year's event includes:
- Full conference pass
- 2 complimentary hotel nights
- Lunch, receptions and activities included in regular conference
- For speakers remote to the Area:
- Complimentary airfare/travel up to a maximum of $500*.
Tips for Submission
We strongly encourage potential speakers to submit more than one submission on more than one topic. The more submissions you contribute, the more options you give us to pick you. Be sure your talk title and abstract define the exact topic you want to talk about and what you hope people will learn from the session. In previous years, some submissions sounded interesting but we just didn't have enough detail for them to make the final cut.
* Complimentary airfare / travel is the lesser of $500 or the least expensive "reasonable" fare between your location and MSP. Airfare costs are determined at time of confirmation of acceptance. Reasonable fare is determined at a maximum of 1 layover for national flights on a major carrier or 2 layovers for international flights.